Regional Retail Manager
Chapman’s Brewing Company is a fast growing craft brewery with four retail locations in Northeast Indiana. We produce exceptional, award-winning craft beer both in draft and cans and have a great culture of innovation, creativity, and ownership.
We are looking for a 4th member for our senior management team, joining our Founder, Head Brewer, and Head of Business Development. Join us, and have a seat at the table helping make decisions on the beers we brew, the locations we operate, and the growth of the brewery itself.
Our retail tap rooms are positioned in the heart of the community’s downtown area. These towns have incredible architecture, culture, and a pride of place that is amazing to work with. Each retail location is part of the downtown itself, and we pride ourselves with creating an extension of the town’s ‘living room’ – a place to relax, have great conversations and food with friends, and the best local beer around.
As our Regional Retail Manager, you will have responsibility of the operational success of each location. We are looking for someone with extensive retail chain management experience, preferably with multiple locations, who is looking to join a fast growing, ambitious company in a fun atmosphere. Join us and let’s build Chapman’s together!
Regional Retail Manager Job Duties:
- Understand, love, live/breath the craft beer business – this is what we do best. Our customers visit us to have a great experience with our craft beer and food. You’ll recommend new beers and merchandize by identifying new opportunities and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Employee Management – We hire local in each retail location. You’ll be in charge of recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Taproom Management: Promotion of Brand and products, monitoring service standards, customer service results, guest complaints, culinary and sanitation standards, Profit/Loss results, staffing levels, marketing plans, and the condition of the facility as well providing specific guidance and support. The ultimate goal is to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere for our guests and a profitable operation. Position will require the ability to travel between retail taproom locations throughout the week coordinating in-store visits and appointments with local institutions.
- Grow the top line – We will look to you to see how each retail location does on a weekly and monthly basis. You’ll set sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; implementing change.
- Grow the bottom line – You’ll need to meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Integrate with the communities we serve – You’ll maintain and expand our customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key businesses, community leaders, and customers and by identifying new customer opportunities. Implements trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending.
- Minimum of 5 years, up to 15 years of experience in a multi-unit restaurant position
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to each retail location weekly
- Operations experience with full Profit & Loss responsibility required- Corporate Chain(s) preference experience/background.
- Proven leadership skills of building and developing Teams AND Focus on Delivering results through people.
Pay and compensation:
- Base pay – We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience, with 10 days of paid time off.
- Ownership – Ownership in Chapman’s itself in an upfront grant and awards based on performance.
- Bonuses – Quarterly cash and stock bonuses based on financial performance and goals.
- Continuing education – we work with you to further your beer knowledge with paid continuing education in Cicerone® courses as well as conferences and workshops.
If you are interested, please send your resume to Scott Fergusson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tap Room / Brewery Bartender
We are looking for enthusiastic, career-minded, motivated individuals to become part of the Chapman’s team. The ideal candidate understands the importance of sales and customer engagement while working in an fast-growing company. Product knowledge is extremely important. We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic who values personal integrity and believes they can make a positive impact at work.
- Brand awareness, increased sales through product knowledge, customer engagement and effective communication of brand talking points.
- Maintain 100% customer satisfaction at all times.
- Provide timely, quality service the first time.
- Resolving customer problems with the service they received in a quick and courteous manner.
- Keep taproom neat and clean
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work a full-time or part-time schedule, Monday through Sunday, nights & weekends.
- Stand comfortably for up to 8 hours a day.
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Chapman's is an equal opportunity employer!